Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February 9th - Update

Jared is resting comfortably, yawning tons and making good progress. He will be moved to another room in PICU tomorrow, one with a window to help him acclimate to day and night. They want to try and get him into a wheel chair and let him have ice cream, too!

Tonight he was getting aggravated, he doesn't want to be tied down. He started to yell at the nurse, "I need to shower." Lee told him we bought him some new deodorant, and Jared responded "I need a shower first, before axe" (deodorant).


What a ride! I thought I knew everything I needed to about brain trauma from the documentaries we watch, but they never explain the "awakening stages."

Earlier Jared recognized me but was still pretty groggy. Then this evening he was staring at me and all of a sudden he had a different look and he began mumbling words. You could say he literally "woke up, fighting". Jared began jerking his arm around, what I thought was a seizure, so I looked for the doctor who came in just as Jared started shouting. I realized quickly what he said and knew that he was punching me, he was remembering the sparring match.

I'm still not sure how I feel about all of that, everyone here thinks it was funny. I will let you know my opinion in a few days.

He couldn't remember who I was at this point. His brain, is just trying to "re-boot" and everything is really confusing. Later tonight he called my name, relief (again).

I think I'm ready to get of this emotional roller coaster!

I went back to get some sleep, I don't know how I even made it back. I had plans to do laundry, shower, clean our room, etc... I sat on the bed and I was out. I slept a whole two hours, showered and fell back to sleep for another hour. Holy Hannah it all caught up with me. Then I had to have another meltdown so I could rise to the challenge of the new night.

I'm sitting here in the quiet, I can't believe how loud all of the machines were, I'm glad (and grateful) they are gone. Jared is resting comfortably and he is even "sawing logs." Maybe it will be a quiet night. I just want my baby to be able to get some needed rest without being overly drugged.

Watching Jared go through so many emotions today was pretty hard.

Our bishop and his counselors came down to visit, it was very nice of them to come and give their support, we truly found a good ward to be in. Their wives all sent gifts, which I appreciate. I love the blanket that was sent, it's warmer than the one the hospital gave me to use, and feels more like a piece of home.

Here's my shout out to Jennae, Jill and Jennifer (and hubbies), thanks for the gifts and kind words of comfort. I love you!

I appreciate all of the comments that have been sent via text, blog, Facebook, etc... These have sustained me through a rough time.

Sunday, before Lee left for St. George, he gave me a blessing. In that blessing, he prayed that I would have the strength to withstand the challenges of this week. I know that I made it through last night strong, because of that blessing.

- Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. (Joshua 1:9) This is the scripture that has been on my mind all day and has given me comfort.

Now, for a funny! For those who know me well, you know that I tend to run into walls, a LoT! So, tonight I was going out to the car and I was walking between my car and the one parked next to me, when all of a sudden I felt massive pain in my knee. I had just hyperextended it and was kind of jerked back. I could't figure out what happened until I looked down and noticed the car next to me had his wheels turned outward, instead of straight. I ran right into the tire, so hard that I now have the tread marks on my khaki colored pants. Aaaarrrggghhh, only I could do something like that!!! LoL:). Going to rest while Jared is sleeping, good night to all.

3 comments:

  1. We appreciate the blog M and L. Keep it up. I wish we could do more to help. We're bringing a bunch of can tops for the Micky D's house. Let us know if you need us to bring anything else down next weekend. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SAID A PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY AND KNOW GOD MUST HAVE HEARD. I FELT THE ANSWER IN MY HEART ALTHOUGH HE SPOKE NO WORK. I DIDN'T ASK FOR WEALTH OR FAME(I KNEW YOU WOULDN'T MIND). I ASKED HIM TO SEN TREASURES OF A FAR MORE LASTING KIND! I ASKED THAT HE WOULD BE NEAR YOU AT THE START OF EACH NEW DAY; TO GRANT YOU HEALTH AND BLESSINGS AND FRIEND TO SHARE YOUR WAY! I ASKED FOR HAPPINESS FOR YOU IN ALL THINGS GREAT AND SMALL. BUT IT WAS FOR HIS LOVING CARE I PRAYED FOR MOST OF ALL.

    WE LOVE YOU AND ARE WITH YOU. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. YOU NEED YOUR STRENGTH I KNOW YOU ARE A STRONG WOMAN BUT REMEMBER YOUR BODY WILL SHUT DOWN IF YOU DON'T GET REST. LET THOSE AROUND YOU HELP WHERE AND WHEN THEY CAN BECAUSE THEY NEED TO GIVE THE SERVICE OF THEIR HEARTS AND IF WE REFUSE THAT HELP WE DON'T ALLOW THEM THE BLESSING OF SERVICE.
    LOVE
    DAD AND MOM B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,
    As I read yours posts, I can not help but relate to your plight in the manner that only those who have born children can. My heart cries with anguish as I read your words and I praise the Lord and I know that whatever Jared's mission is life is meant to be, he is in the Lord's hands. I appreciate what you put out for us to read, so that we may pray for you, know what to ask the Lord for, and love you all from afar.

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete