Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11th -Update

It was a fairly quiet night. Jared is not as emotional as yesterday, but now he is in the defiant stage. Typical teenager! He was ripping wires out last night and was yelling about how hot it was, and what a crappy hotel this is!!!

I'm wondering if the hospital gives discounts when you help out. Last night I learned how to plug in every wire that he pulled out.

He can tell time and count. This morning physical and occupational therapy came and got him up and out of bed. He has to wear a helmet when he is out of bed and the one they gave him was too big, when asked to lift his leg and touch the OT's hand, he said "I can't, everything is black." He also ate a little breakfast. Hopefully by tonight they will remove his NG tube from his nose that is feeding him.

This will be a slow process. I knew, but didn't get it, until they sat him up, he looked like a rag doll. We are still concerned about his left leg, he can feel you touching it, but he can't move it.

We watched a little bit of tv last night, he remembered the programs, even enough to tell me he hates icarly.

Off to bed for me. By the way, Lee did an amazing job yesterday. He is stronger than he thinks. I am grateful that he is here.

Love to all!
For those who are calling or texting me, I'm not ignoring you. I am just busy, busy, or sleeping. Hopefully we can get Jared back on a good sleeping schedule.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! So happy to hear he is doing so well! Keep up the great work Michelle! What a blessing it is for him to have you there! Mothers are priceless! We look forward to hearing more positive news! You are amazing! (And we will pray for the left leg!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes man i miss him and i hope that when he comes back he remembers me and all of his freinds we are praying for him. when will he be back for rehabilitation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're not sure when Jared will be able to have visitors. I found out today that the Rehab facility we were looking at in St. George, is not a good option for Jared.

    ReplyDelete