Saturday, February 12, 2011

February 12th - Update

Jared had a more restful night. He thought he was at Dairy Delight (a local burger place in in our hometown) the whole night. He kept telling me he needed to call his mom, she is probably worrying about me. He would get frustrated when I would explain where he was and call me a liar, and then he said I hate you, well, kind of hate you. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for him.

This morning he is calmer and slept for a solid 4 hours.

He was scheduled for an MRI this morning, the nurses told us to take a break and come back after 10:00. Jared wouldn't know we were away. That didn't last long when we got a call to come back, Jared was looking for us. The MRI was canceled until Monday because of an emergency. He has to have the test to see if they can take his neck brace off.

He was yelling "excuse me", when the nurse came in he asked where we were. He asked them to call me and he gave them my phone number. When we walked in the room he began crying and said "It's about time, you've been gone forever. Like 8 hours." It was sad but funny.

He ate some of his breakfast, he knows that hospital food is nasty! He was able to tell me that he is in the hospital. Good signs for today.

Lee and I are trying to make a decision for rehabilitation. Jared will need a facility that is 24/7. We are not sure what is the best option, Salt Lake or Vegas. I want to be near Lee, but I have more resource options (family, friends) in Salt Lake. We are going to research our choices and hopefully, through prayer, we will make a good choice.

One thing that is frustrating is not knowing what will happen next. I don't know why they can't give us an idea of what to expect. I wish I knew someone that could explain, from experience, what rehab is going to be like. I want to make an informed decision. Will my life be crazy by myself in Vegas?

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I have first hand experience in rehab. I was at LDS Hospital. They were ok. I'd be happy to answer any questions I can. Can you call me? I remember that I had lots of Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, & Occupational therapy every day, but I also had a lot of rest time. The therapy would just about wipe me out-I did a lot of napping. You would have a lot of rest time when Jared was in therapy. Like I said call me & I'd be able to tell you what it was like for me.

    ReplyDelete