Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February 9th - Morning Update

Good morning to all, I got to play nurse last night. I always wanted to grow up and be a nurse, after last night, I'm glad I didn't follow that path.

It was a rough night for everyone, except for Lee who was able to sleep peacefully! Lucky!

Jared was waking up a lot and thrashing around, throwing up, and trying to pull every tube out. He especially was trying to extubate himself (pull his ventilator out). They finally had to sedate him, but then he decided he wasn't going to breathe for them. The nurses were trying to talk to him and tell him to breathe, he wasn't responding very well, until momma came to the rescue. now he decides to listen.

There were 2 or 3 more traumas brought in last night, our nurse was busy, so she gave me assignments to help her out. My duties included: bathing, changing, cleaning up throw up, suctioning out his mouth, occupational therapy, putting boots back on his feet, untangling cords, prep for ng tube, prep for ct scan, calming and reassuring Jared. Nurses are amazing!

In the wee early hours, Jared looked at me and mouthed "mom" and later this morning he mouthed "I love you.". I have to say, there is no greater calling than that of mother.

We are waiting for the doctor to finish rounds and then they plan to extubate Jared. Another good day.

Jared is not able to move his left leg on command, but he does move it a little when he gets agitated. Just waiting for the brain to make the connection.

I will go back and sleep later today, saying a prayer that Lee can hold down the fort. My prayers are also with family and friends that aren't feeling well.

2 comments:

  1. It's like he is making "leaps" not just baby steps! Wow!
    I love that you share this with us...It gives our prayers for you and jared, direction.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work with your daughter Kayla and I have been checking your blog to hear of Jared's progress...its amazing to hear how well he is doing! Everyone at work is praying for him and keeping positive thoughts throughout this ordeal. :)

    ReplyDelete