Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Evening update by Lee

Jared is becoming more aware. One of the doctors removed the icp sensor that was sticking out of his head. It looked like a small spark plug. It only took one suture to close the hole where the sensor was. We're glad it's gone as it didn't look good. The removal of the sensor means that they are no longer concerned about his brain pressures. One Small step for the doctor a giant leap for Jared. Maybe we'll nickname Jared, Neal Armstrong!

The nurses just asked Michelle and I to start splitting shifts. They want someone here 24/7. Having someone familiar will help soothe him each time he wakes up. Of course Michelle is going to take the night shift. I'll admit it, she is tougher than me. A hundred years ago, she'd have been one of those women who would have had a baby and then went to work in the fields the next day. I would have died giving childbirth or cried about what I'd went through for six months. My loving wife is one tough lady.

We see great progress with Jared but it is brutally slow. We're thankful to each of you for your love and support, but most grateful to our Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ for answering our prayers. With much love, Lee and Michelle

2 comments:

  1. We are so thankful for all the posts today. Very tender.

    Mail is on the way!

    Love, Joel and Jill Dunn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee and Michelle, last night you were both constantly on my mind. My youngest was sick – nothing major, very, very small compared to you what are going through. But it is heart-breaking to see one of your children ill and in pain. I admire you strength and courage, and wish that there was something that I could do to make your burden lighter. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete