Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21st

I'm loving being here at Primary Children's Hospital! Jared and I have both been able to sleep a solid ten hours the last two nights! Who says you can't catch up on sleep?

Yesterday was amazing. Jared stood up with a little help for balance and got into a wheelchair. We were able to go upstairs to sacrament services. We both felt the spirit strong and it testified to the both of us that we were where we belong. We are grateful to be members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I am grateful I returned home instead of staying in Vegas. I know that Lee had better judgment than I did at the time of making the decision to come to PCH for rehab. I am grateful to have a loving and caring husband that tends to "know" more than me (at least insights).

Yesterday Jared had some from friends stop by, Isaac, Eric and Willy. Thanks for coming by!
His Grandma Lin and Grandpa Wil, cousin Matt and Jason also stopped by. Later his two cousins, Chase and Tayler stopped by because their little sister is on the third floor.

Jared's bone flap(I really hate that name) is in CA because Vegas doesn't have a facility to store it and Jared was too skinny to put it into his abdomen. They thought he was skinny before, he's really skinny now! PCH is working on having it transferred here to store. Jared weighs 92 lbs right now, on the day of the accident he weighed 129.5!

Jared had physical therapy today, with help for balance, he walked on a treadmill. For occupational therapy he had to put blocks on a board, balance on his knees with his arms extended. Then speech therapy made him write on his blog and answer some short term memory questions. Amy, the speech therapist knows my dad. What a coincidence.

We are happy, happy, happy. Jared still thinks he's funny! He really knows how to roll with the punches. He is a great inspiration. If we could all deal with challenges the way he has, I think life would be easier to deal with. This morning he was getting dressed and as he pulled up his shorts he started singing "I'm a big boy now!"

Yesterday he discovered that part if his skull was missing, but instead of freaking out, he laughed about it and tells everyone who enters the room " Hey, part of my head is missing, do you want to feel?". It's mushy like an overripe kiwi. Gross!!

Check out Jared's post from earlier, he had to decide what he wanted to say and type it himself.

1 comment:

  1. Haha...I remember those commercials, "Mommy wow! I'm a big kid now!" Sounds like Jared's got some great long-term memory going on.

    ReplyDelete