Thursday, February 10, 2011

February 10th - Morning Update

It was a quiet night, Jared was able to get some rest most of the night. He did a lot of talking in his sleep, which is normal for Jared.

Around 11:00 last night he woke me up talking and trying to move around. When I spoke to him from across the room he asked "who is there?" When I asked him if he knew who he was he replied "Jared, what, do you think I'm stupid." That is so Jared!

He's feeling quite overwhelmed and emotional this morning trying to understand everything. He told me that he just wanted to sleep, he didn't feel good, but he's not in any pain.

As he was trying to sleep, Lee was on the phone, Jared told me, "tell dad to shut-up, I'm trying to sleep."

Things are looking good. Jared will be in PICU for a while longer. Then we will make some decisions on a full time rehabilitation center. At that point, we can set up some time that his friends can come and visit! That would really cheer him up.

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast he has come and how far. This is so awesome. I hope that he can do his rehab in St George--that will be so much better for him--allow him to begin to interact with friends as well as the docs that will be providing follow up care once he is home. Hang in there--the best is yet to come! xoxo Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy that he's making great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be so great to see some of his 'old self' coming through. His responses to you sound like a teenager, which must be music to your ears right now! We're so happy that things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEa for Good news! I hear ya about being on an emotional rollercoaster...You're tougher than me!

    ReplyDelete